If you own a small business or manage marketing for a large corporation, you will probably spend a large portion of your budget on pricey marketing activities, including the set up and management of your website.
However, if you leave your website in the static limbo of set and forget, you are making a critically grave mistake.
Your website is an ideal source of marketing promotion, customer lead generation and conversion – and by failing to provide it with continuous engagement and reasons for clients and customers to return, you’re neglecting it’s potential.
By adding a blog, or better yet, hiring a blog-writing service (like us) to provide continual content updates on an ongoing basis, you’ll get better return on investment than any other marketing activity that you could
Why Should You Have A Blog?
The word blogging might sound more in line with ‘creative, artsy’ professions, rather than professional services like accounting and finance. However, a blog’s purpose is to inform your clients about what you can do for them, and information in the industry that they might find relevant.
As a marketing tool, blogging is one of the most cost-effective, long-term approaches to ROI compared to other tools deployed in strategies. For example:
- Content marketing gives you three times the number of leads compared to paid search ads for every dollar you spend.
- You can boost your website traffic by up to 2,000 per cent with high-quality blog content.
- When you blog, you’ll get 97% more links to your website than sites that don’t.
- Blogging is 13 times more likely to yield a positive ROI than numerous other marketing activities, according to data from HubSpot.
- Companies who publish consistent blogs show 6x the revenue from traffic and leads attributed to their website.
- B2B companies will generate 88 per cent more leads, while their B2C cousins will generate 67 per cent more leads through publishing blog posts consistently. That’s a lot of leads to leave on the table if you’re not blogging. Further, the leads you generate will cost 62% less than ones you generate through advertising, cold calls, brochures, or other outbound marketing methods.
A blog allows you to engage directly with your clients in a more organic and cheaper way than with direct advertisement of your services. Rather than promoting your tax planning services outright, you can give them the information about a certain taxable consequence they might need to consider, and convert them into a gain in that way.
With this blog, your customers come to you – if they like what you ost, they’ll come back. This creates a source of repeat traffic to your website and (depending on the style of what is being posted) could add personality and dynamics to the company.
Another beautiful element of the blog is, once you have done the legwork, the blog will keep working for you. By creating posts with compelling content to start with to generate traffic, you can keep attracting readers with timeless posts. How to make those posts compelling to your readers could be done with articles that are about:
- Tips, how-tos, and tutorials for things that stymie most people but at which your business excels
- Aggregated industry information and studies that save readers time by not having to hunt it down
- Interviews with thought leaders or guest posters, including round tables
- Questions and exercises to generate positive change
- White papers and case studies
- Videos and infographics
- Samples from upcoming long-form content, such as books
Who Can Help You On Your Journey?
Your biggest asset with running a blog is that you are an industry authority with views and information that you can use to bolster your blog’s content. But generating content time and time again can be a difficult process for even the most experienced professional. For those of you with time that could be better spent as billable hours, the thought of writing blogs over and over again might be a considerable drain.
A blog-writing service is an ideal outsourcing method that you can take advantage of to produce consistent, high-quality content and save on the time that you spend yourself.
It brings to the table:
- Professional writing skills that follow certain standard formats and make content easily readable by your viewers
- Frequency in publishing posts, which generates more ROI and allows you to accumulate a regular following
Did you know for instance, that 11 or more posts every month should generate more traffic for your website? This could translate into more conversions and lead generation opportunities.
A blog writing service can turn your subject matter expertise into expertly written content, allowing you to impress your clients with well-written content that informs.
One important question though – how can you get this engagement if you don’t have a blog? Practice Advantage can assist you in setting up and maintaining your blog with weekly posting of up to 5 articles per week, or by providing you with content to post yourself. It’s that easy.
Marketing programs can be supplemented with additional marketing strategies that showcase a firm’s successes, services or accomplishments. For accountants, promoting services and capabilities to clients that are looking to the digital landscape for their needs to be filled can be a challenge. Especially so if there isn’t a dedicated marketing department in the firm, or if the marketing is being done internally by someone who isn’t necessarily specialised.
Newsletters, writing a blog, email marketing and website lead generation can be methods through which marketing strategies can build on their client base. Not every accountant has the time to be creating content every week though, or designing a newsletter, or writing on something topical. .
That’s why here at Practice Advantage, we have marketing tools designed to suit the needs of any accounting firm.